Here some helpful facts about the secret world of lock-picking deadbolts:
• Locksmiths spend a lot of time training for their profession and learning how to pick a door lock is indispensable so they will know how to open a lock without damaging it.
• Although surprising, picking a lock is not a typical burglar's first choice for breaking into your home. This is primarily because of faster and easier techniques like breaking a window or kicking in the door. It is most likely a spy or private detective who would take the time to pick a lock.
• Just like there are computer hackers, there are also lock hackers. They pick locks for the challenge and for enjoyment, even though it is against the law and immoral. These lock hackers risk being arrested for serious breaking-and-entering charges.
• A basic understanding of lock-picking makes it clear that normal locks are not without their flaws, since they can be cracked with negligible effort. Armed with the know-how and the right tools, a resolute prowler can break almost any lock. There are even electric pick guns which can open a dead bolt in seconds, although they can be flaky depending on the lock.
• In the event your lock is picked, an affordable door alarm that sounds when the door opens could be beneficial.