Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Door Handles and other Door Hardware topics.
The entry to your home can coordinate with the period style of your home or with your interior décor with distinctive door handlesets. Designs for door handles can range from traditional, contemporary, and period reproductions to rustic or globally-inspired. You can also give a face-lift to your interior door handles by matching the exterior handleset or complement your furnishings.
Manufacturers such as Omnia, Schlage, Weiser Lock, and Baldwin make door handles in a wide selection of finishes including:
• Brass finish – available in polished, antiqued, satin, vintage or brushed.
• Bronze finish – available in aged, dark, light, satin, shaded, oil-rubbed, and Venetian.
• Nickel finish – available in polished, brushed, antiqued, or satin.
• Copper finish – available in antiqued, vintage, and Tuscan.
• Pewter finish – available in regular, weathered, and antiqued.
• Black, chrome, rust, verdigris, patina, and iron finishes are also available.